Western Michigan University Transfer Agreement

In 2012, Michigan`s legislature passed the language in the Community College`s endowments act, which focused on improving the portability of basic education, revising the current agreement of the Michigan Association of Registrars and Admissions Officers (MACRAO) and renaming it the Michigan Transfer Agreement. All interested transfer students must meet with an academic advisor before realizing it. Your academic advisors maximize your transfer credits by using direct equivalents and department credits for your degree. Students are encouraged to work with their academic advisors to be assisted in a course listed under the CBDRO list, as they can help identify a contact person and an appropriate service to request a review of the course or courses in question. An official description of the courses and/or a school programme are necessary to ensure the best creditworthiness. We work hard throughout the year to discover new partnerships and transfer agreements. Please ask your advisor about the latest information about transfer credits and programs. To contact an academic advisor, call 517-483-1957 (option 4) or email eadvising@lcc.edu. Visit the Michigan Transfer Network website to see how your credits are transferred to Michigan colleges and universities.

Start here to get there! Unique transfer partnerships with the following schools make it easy to transfer if you are ready to continue your training. Reach your academic goals and ease your student debt with our transfer partnerships at the University Center, with four-year colleges, universities and other community colleges. The WMU has partnered with many institutions to allow a smooth transfer for students starting their university careers in a community school. The transfer guides offer a specific selection of courses for students who wish to follow certain majors. They explain the requirements and conditions of each program. Joint agreements are formal documents signed by the WMU and a partner institution for certain major-designed routes. Students should use these tools in agreement with their community colleges and WMU consulting teams to take the shortest route to graduate with the lowest costs. The following resources can be very useful in understanding which classes are being transferred or not.

The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) should facilitate the transfer of general educational requirements from one institution to another. The WMU is an institution participating in this agreement. The MTA is effective for students who started in the fall of 2014 or later at a Community College. If you meet the MTA requirements and the approval is indicated on your official transcript, your general education requirements will be met at the WMU. Each course is also considered individually as a transfer credit that could meet key/secondary requirements or other closing requirements. Many 4-year institutions provide scholarships to transfer students who have acquired at least 30 transferable credits and with a cumulative MPA of at least 3.0. Transfer grants vary, so make sure you ask your transfer institution what its requirements are. Students who move from a Michigan public college to the Great Valley with the MTA/MACRAO recognized diploma have completed the basics of the General Education Program and one (1) Supplemental Writing Skills (SWS). Transfer students with an MTA/MACRAO must continue to meet the following requirements: one (1) SWS course at their main or university college and capstone in that major and, if necessary, B.A. or B.S. In addition, transfer students with an MTA/MACRAO must also meet the following general education requirements: the cultural requirement for two courses and two (2) exit courses. Watch these short videos to learn more about the admissions tips and transfer options available to WCC students who wish to move to Grand Valley State University, Oakland University, the University of Michigan – Dearborn, Wayne State University and Western Michigan University.